Monday 16 December 2013

Sharing the Love: Made with Love by Kat

This weeks instalment of 'sharing the love' features Made with Love by Kat.

"I make jewellery from abandoned vintage finds - I like to think of it as sparkly recycling! I use necklaces, brooches, earrings, anything I can get my hands on, which I repair and smooth down before teaming them up with semi precious stones such as amethyst and peridot or Swarovski crystals, ribbon and pearls to make really romantic, one-of-a-kind pieces. Each item is one of a kind which I love - because of the nature of my designs incorporating the vintage finds I couldn't repeat a design even if I wanted to.


I started five years ago this month, after an attempt to make fudge as Christmas presents went stickily wrong! I decided instead to make my friends some jewellery - I'd seen pieces with lots of vintage brooches stuck together but I wanted to create something quirkier and that could be worn every day. 
I got a bit overexcited after making the first necklace, bought way too many supplies and decided I'd better set up an online shop to justify all the outlay! My work was picked up by a couple of galleries in Liverpool and Manchester very quickly and it's grown from there. "


You can check out Kat and her fantastic work on the following sites

Shop: Folksy / Etsy
Facebook
Twitter
Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment